Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Training Boredom

One of the challenges facing many people on their path to fitness is periods of feeling bored or stale with their training. You do your normal weight training routine or cardio session and think to yourself – what am I doing? I’m just going through the motions.

Here are a couple of ideas to help shrug off the feeling.
1. Take a couple of days off training and do something different
2. Start doing a new class – dance, yoga etc. (this is for the guys too)
3. Train somewhere new.
4. Increase the variety within your normal workout – spice up each individual workout with a change of exercises, tempo, intensity etc.

Have fun.

1 comment:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Boredom is one of my biggest obstacles getting fit. I find one of the best motivation tools for me is music. I put tunes on my workout playlist on my ipod that make me smile, make me want to dance and just generally pump it up.