Saturday, January 20, 2007

Motivation and Fitness

I have to admit that I actually do go through stages of not feeling motivated to train. I've actually had a couple of periods in the twelve months that have been particularly difficult.

One was when we moved overseas. Of course there are plenty of reasons (excuses) not to train during a period like this. Bottom line is motivation falls and unless you give it a reason, the mind will come up with plenty of reasons not to train.

What I did was start fanning my motivation, telling myself how much better I would feel mentally and physically and how much more energy I would have.

When I started back at training I started slowly, I didn't want to give myself any other reasons not to train e.g.. injuries or too much delayed onset muscle soreness.

Try it, I hope it works for you.

No comments: